CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The ups and downs of Autumn.

I have mixed feelings about this time of year. My house stays really really cold for one, and we're planning on getting a couple of energy saving baseboard heaters this year instead of using the coal stove. It'd be nice to get rid of that thing and have room to build a closet in my room. Also I wouldn't have to worry about birds anymore, (I got another one out this morning.) We've been sleeping with an electric blanket the last couple nights, for whatever good it does ME. Denny tends to steal covers. Carma sure loves it though. She's sleeping under it right now. Shes a little mad at me cause I won't let her have chips.
I can use my thumb pretty good though, but I physically CAN'T bend it all way down. I'm afraid that I won't ever be able to again once the scar tissue sets up. Which means I'm gonna have to learn to adapt as far as artowrk goes. my hand writing might stay perpetually sloppy too. I feel sorry for Angie for having to interpret my writing on orders this last two weeks.
Speaking of work, I finally have a day off today. And I'm just wasting it. I guess I'll clean my house eventually. I don't really know. I'm thinking about taking all my dirty dishes to my mom's and using her dishwasher. Seriously.
Was going to try and bust out a piece for the art show this year, but saw in the paper that the prize is $5. Oh, but the "people's favorite" prize is $10! To put in perspective, last year the prize was $100 and a trophy. This recession must have hit the McCreary County Tourism thing hard this year.
Friday is Denny's show at McCrearyFest. This is their first hometown show. They have two country bands opening for them. That just says something else about this place huh? It's expected to be crazy at the coffee shop sat., since it's right smack in the middle of all the fun. Wanted to set up a booth to paint faces with amanda this year, but they decided to let me do it at the Halloween Train. Which is going to be awesome and I can't wait. Oh yeah, Shea, we need volunteers for the train. Wanna be a zombie? :D
Speaking of Shea, I love her layouts over at Lovin' Every Minute of It and snatched one from the place she gets hers. Hope you don't mind Shea :)

Here's your LOL lovelies:

epic fail pictures
see more Fail Blog

ummmm? okay then.

have a good'un.

RikaD

2 comments:

Shea Posey said...

Hahahaha I don't know about the Halloween train. I did the haunted house my Junior year and that was an experience lol. Maybe we'll ride it. I love the layout too!! Hope your hand gets better. And I wanna see pictures of your house!!

Erika West said...

lord you don't want to right now. it's a MESS. But when I get it cleaned up I'll post some :) I'm doing face painting at the halloween train, so bring Rosslyn by :)