CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 28, 2009

bite the bullet.

I've come to the realization that I've been avoiding college.
I'm going to be honest, I know when I got married, I told everyone that "it'll be a year off and then I'll go back". A year passed, and then another year, and then another. I got angry when a friend stopped me in Rite-Aid and asked me "why the hell I wasn't in college". But I was really angry at myself. I'm smart enough, dammit, so what's the problem? And do you want to know the truth? I'm scared. I'm terrified, because I'm afraid I can't do it. But Denny has decided to take online courses to become a RN. and He doesn't knw the first thing about college, and nevre intended to go. and you know what? If he can be that brave to just step out into the unknown and do it, well so can I. so tonight I'm filling out a FAFSA and then I'm applying to Penn Foster to get my associates degree in graphic design. The thought make my stomach clench, but I'm gonna do it.
A good reason why it needs to be done is because I only have $35 to my name, and it's going to cost $30 to get my stitches taken out today.

Alright, onto something less serious. Sat. was probably the most hectic day I've ever had. the plan was to leave for Ohio at 10:00 am, and I think we maybe left at 1:00pm. we got to The Underground by the skinof our teeth. The poor band couldn't catch a break since Derrick's guitar strap broke right before going on stage, and only Zac could go out while they fixed it. Zac played it off nicely I think though :). Derrick's strap fell off again on the last song and Denny just played his guitar parts while he sang, but the audience didn't know that he wasn't supposed to lay down his guitar, and they started clapping to the music inthe song, so it turned out great though. Denny thinks it was a disaster, but he's always like that They find out tuesday at 10 am if the advance. Denny's worried because the next round is right around when Joni's baby is due. I told him I'm sure it'll be fine.

and, LOL:
funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures

this looks just like Pooh! and everyone who owns a dog will know that the second they see a dead animal they're all up in that.

have a good'un.

RikaD

2 comments:

Shea Posey said...

Good luck in school! I'm finally back in online classes and they aren't too bad.

Wayne said...

You can do this because you are you. Don't doubt yourself, just let it make you stronger. Instead of thinking 'I can't do it', think 'I won't let it beat me'. You're tough, (I saw your thumb wound) this will be easy compared to that. Ok. Whatever happens at least you can say you fought for it.

"One cannot choose how one's life begins, but one can choose to face the end with courage"

It's not the end, but the message is what matters.