CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

exited about school?...me?

HAPPY OCTOBER!!!!
Well, I found out that Penn Foster is privately funded and doesn't accept financial aid. But I'll credit them that they are very quick to respond to questions and very friendly.
However, I've found a lovely little online school that I can get my bachelor's degree in graphic design at. And they accept financial aid! Full Sail University. They also have a bachelor's degree of science for Music Business that Denny's interested in. We're going to locate our 2008 tax return (yes I know, we should keep better track of that crap) and then fill out our fafsa's. Actually I'll probably end up filling out Denny's for him, but that's okay :) I think the school he was looking at the become an RN, you have to already have an associates degree in nursing or whatever before you meet the requirements. I've been trying to think about degrees that will help us in this county, and you know what? I've decided if we got our degrees we could move to a bigger city and I would be perfectly fine with that. Because as beautiful as this place is, it's just not friendly for a musician and an artist who want to make livings doing what they love to live comfortably in. About the only degree that really will do any good here would be in nursing, or law, or something to that extent. It also all depends on how the band pans out. Heck, if The Addiction got signed we wouldn't have to worry about it anyway :) but I'd still get my degree. I just want to be able to say "I went to college, dammit."
Work was super busy to be so slow today. We're preparing for the big McCreary Fest '09. I think with the way the weather's turning we're going to be selling a lot of hot drinks. I'm almost scared, I've heard so much about how crazy it was last year. Wish me luck!
The Addiction have their first hometown show tomorrow. Hopefully they get a good turnout!

LOL time!
sports pictures
see more Sports Pictures

I'm trying to figure out how on earth he got in that posistion...

Have a good'un!

RikaD

1 comments:

Shea Posey said...

Glad you found a school! Good luck with it and good luck at McCreary Fest! I wish I could be there.